Situated to the north of Tenerife, Puerto de la Cruz is one of the island's major tourist centres. A traditional resting place, the city offers a wide range of accommodation, including numerous hotels and several residential complexes. The coastal area contains several of the city's main attractions, such as the old harbour, the promenade and the Lago Martiánez complex of swimming pools designed by the Canary Islands architect César Manrique.
- Population: 38,500 (Tenerife: 220,000).
- Location: Island in the Atlantic Ocean.
- There are two international airports in Tenerife.
- Tenerife is the largest island of the Canary archipelago.
- Tenerife called “the island of eternal spring”, the average temperature here is 27 degrees Celsius.
- A mountain chain runs through its centre. In the heart of this chain, there is a gigantic crater: Teide (the highest peak in Spain). It offers one of the most spectacular landscapes of the world.